Fatigue suffocates the soul and devastates hope. An impenetrable shield around its victim robbing life of joy, energy and possibility. With a python’s stranglehold it tightens and entraps its prey the more they strain, claw and resist. As life continues around them, the two are locked in an intimate, lethal dance: both fully aware… fully engaged with the other. Until there is nothing but the darkness… hopelessness… arid waste land of exhaustion.
What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them. You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowded them with glory and honour.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: All flocks and herds and the animals of the wild.Psalm 8:4-5
Yet, as we have failed in the one—caring for the “works of his hands”—he has not failed in the other. He still cares. He is still faithful. He is still able.
- The Breath of Life animates skeletons; births life from dust
- Hope is not what we wish for, but based on The Truth
- All things are possible for him who is able… agreeable… available
- The impenetrable shield is irrelevant, for he reigns within this fortress
- Darkness is not victorious, for one pixel of light overpowers its stronghold
- Death has drunk the venom of life, its fangs ground by the Bread of Light
He is the…
- Infallible in my vapour
- Clarity in my confusion
- Anchor to my tides
- Possibility despite my fatigue